Alexander is a Business Analyst at Cognizant Consulting in Norway. He enjoys working in an international environment, work in different industries, and learn from the best within their fields.
Alexander started as a Business Analyst at Cognizant Consulting in Norway September 2020 and taken part of Cognizant's 18-month long Graduate Program. He took a 5-year integrated master at BI Norwegian Business School in Oslo with a major in Leadership and Change at BI Norwegian Business School and has also done half-a-year exchange abroad at Bocconi University in Milano, Italy.
1. What is one piece of advice you’d give to someone starting out in a consulting career?
Be yourself and always keep learning. Understand who you are and what you want to accomplish, and then find the environment that supports those dreams and values. Ask questions and be curious, always strive to learn. Also, value the process. Celebrate the milestones not only the final outcome. Often you will go from project to project, so enjoy the everyday progress and smaller things in life as they constitute most of your time.
2. Why do you enjoy working in Cognizant Consulting?
At Cognizant Consulting I get the opportunity to be a part of an international work environment, work in different industries, and learn from the best within their fields. I am motivated by learning and self-development, which is a strong focus at Cognizant. Here, I get the opportunity to choose what I want to learn more about, and then I get the opportunity to apply these learnings in projects.
3. What’s your favorite productivity hacks for consultants?
- Be honest when you don’t know something and ask questions to learn more. Don’t be afraid of asking questions you might think are “dumb”. Better to ask questions and figure things out straight away, it will save time and produce better results
- Create reusable templates and keep your documents structured and easy to find. This will save you a lot of time
- Prioritize your tasks. Start at the top of the list and work downwards from there
If you were a superhero, what would your power be?
The ability to fly would be cool. To be able to soar over the Norwegian mountains, land on a mountain top and then ski down in the sunset, that would be wonderful.